Homes coming soon
Base Housing Collective is a new player reimagining supported independent living (SIL), empowered by Fighting Chance.
Base has partnered with Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) provider Casa Capace to build 3 new, state of the art homes for people with disability in Beacon Hill on Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
We believe everyone has the right to live a life of their own choosing — free from outdated rules and prejudices — all Base homes are designed to put people living with a disability at the centre of decision making, providing them with the foundations and support they need to make their own future.
Building on this unique development starts in early 2023. So, if you already have (or may qualify for) NDIS SDA funding at High Physical Support or Fully Accessible level, reach out to us today!
What will these homes look like & what facilities will they have?
- This architect-designed development has been designed with the residents in mind. Offering functionality, accessibility and durability, these stylish homes will live up to rigorous quality and safety standards.
- The homes offer flexibility to accommodate residents with various different support needs.
- Providing two separate living spaces, ensuites for all bedrooms, and Support Worker office and accommodation, these homes will deliver beautiful living environments matched with assistive technology capabilities.
For more information about the facilities, download the flyer here.
Who are these homes suitable for?
These homes will suit NDIS Participants with SDA funding at High Physical Support or Fully Accessible level.
How are these homes managed?
- Base is committed to housemates having choice and control over every aspect of their daily lives – and that means doing things differently.
- As the SIL provider, Base will manage these homes via its unique Facilitated Family Governance model. The model ensures staff and housemates feel like family, while connection to community and transparency are key.
Where are these homes?
These houses are located in Beacon Hill, in Sydney’s Northern Beaches. This established community has a lot to offer, including:
- Shopping. If shopping is your jam, there are many shopping centres close by including Westfield Warringah Mall which is a 5 minute drive away. The nearest shopping centre is 2km away.
- Fitness. To keep active, you can access many local fitness facilities. There are nearby pools, parks and fitness centres within a short drive. Both nearby Dee Why and Collaroy beach have rock pools with easy access for people with disability. The Narrabeen lagoon trail is only 13 minutes away and is an 8.6km accessible circuit.
- Medical. Northern Beaches Hospital is a 3 minute drive away, and there is also Delmar Private Hospital only 3.9 km away. Warringah Medical & Dental Centre is only 5mins drive, 2.5 km. There are many more local medical and dental centres within a 10 km drive.
- Entertainment. Enjoy a range of entertainment with many clubs, pubs, cafes, and restaurants close by.
- Transport. There are buses nearby which will take you to Manly via Dee Why beach, the City or Chatswood.
Don’t miss out. Building on this unique development starts in early 2023. So, if you already have (or may qualify for) NDIS SDA funding at High Physical Support or Fully Accessible level, reach out to us today, spaces are limited!